- It’s Tuesday! It’s the 12th! Yes, that means TWO posts today, you lucky readers, you. Unless you just pop in here from Keely’s for Randomness or from Chad’s for 12 or 12. Then you probably won’t even notice the other post. So forget I said that.
- Yeah, I know. I’m doing well these days if I can manage two posts a WEEK. I was stressing about it there for a while, but now I’m just letting it go. This whole spend-three-hours-at-the-gym-every-day deal is eating up the time. And I’m okay with that. Even if the antibiotics did halt my weight loss this week. Dammit.
- Today, I made this chicken. It is cooking as I type, and it. smells. glorious. It also looked quite pretty when I put it in the Crock Pot this morning. I took a picture. You have to wait ’til I post my 12 of 12 tonight to see it. I hope you can handle the suspense.
- When I was at the gym yesterday, I noticed a couple of those really buff guys in the free weight room* giving me encouraging smiles. I told my trainer that it was a nice change from other gyms I’ve been to where the encouraging smiles are lacking, and the smirks are poorly hidden. He replied, “Well, to anyone who works out regularly, it’s obvious you have great form and know what you’re doing. So that might be part of it.” I might have actually blushed, but thankfully, I was already beet-red from my workout.
- My sons are amazing me. Kalen has had four or five piano lessons, and he’s doing great. Nicolas has had three trumpet lessons and three weeks of band practices, and he’s zooming through the songs in his book. My dad, who was a trumpet player for many years, admitted to being impressed at his progress, too. I suppose there’s a reason neither of them has been interested in sports. Looks like I’m not a soccer mom — I’m a music mom! (Phew! Even with folding chairs, recital halls are much more comfortable than Seattle-rainy soccer fields.)
- Have I shared that Jason is doing this program, too? He, of course, is down nearly 20 pounds, but as my dietitian reminds me every week, I am NOT allowed to compare myself to him. Because he’s a guy. And guys, when it comes to weight loss, suck. Jason also reminded me that antibiotics and monthly visitors do not contribute to weight loss. Which also sucks, but is true. Watch out next week. I plan to rock that scale!
- Purple button. At the top. Press it! Or, if you’re Southern, mash it! Go random; you’ll never go back.
*Yes, I work out with my trainer in the free weight room. Me, an overweight, 30-something, stay-at-home mom — in the free weight room! I love it and feel so strong in there.