You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘knee injury’ tag.
- This week, Keely has geeky waffles on her Random Tuesday post. Click the purple button to see them.
- No matter how much I play Tetris over the years, it still brings back memories of college and my roommate Heather’s computer. (Neither my sister Heather, nor my friend Heather I’ve mentioned several times, nor even my friend Heather who blogs here. I’m serious when I say we were overflowing with Heathers in the Georgia Tech Chorale in the early 90’s.)
- Have you realized it’s only 18 days ’til Christmas?
- Crap, it’s after midnight on the East Coast. Make that 17 days. Yikes.
- Two awesome words: Pirate Snowmen.
- Tonight, I roasted Brussels sprouts. This will only seem like a remarkable event to you if you understand the state of the Brussels sprout in my parents’ household. They are forbidden. Both of my grandmothers apparently mangled and overcooked the darn wee cabbages so badly that my parents have lifelong Brussels sprout issues. Jason has never been a fan, either, so it’s no surprise that, until tonight, I had never tasted one. Roasted properly, they’re not too bad. Nicolas proclaimed them, “fine,” and Kalen even loved them. Jason’s still not a fan. (Don’t tell him, but I’m going to have to make them once in a while. I don’t like green beans and manage to eat them now and then. So there.) Here’s the recipe I used.
- So what was it that induced this strange hankering to try the little green balls of death? I lost three pounds this week (28 since September!), I was in a great mood, and I had a great conversation with my dietitian wherein I promised to try more veggies. Plus, I stopped by Trader Joe’s, and they were sitting there, clean and fresh, in a one-pound bag, looking very cute. I hate cabbages (sorry, I’ve tried them – yuck), but they’re more enticing in miniature. Much like schnauzers. Only in a tasty way, rather than a companionable one. I think I’m rambling here.
- My knee is apparently healing nicely. For the first time in more than five weeks, it was nearly pain-free. (A big part of that good mood mentioned above.) It would have been entirely pain-free if I hadn’t turned my dang ankle and fallen on my knees today. (Twice, even. On the same stair. Grace, they name is Aimee.) Still, I have hope for the near future.
- On a related note, I’ve been frustrated that my knee has kept me from the treadmill and bike at the gym for over a month now. Obviously, I’m still losing weight, but my weekly average would be much better if I could get some cardio in there. (I know, swim laps – they just don’t do it for me.) On a whim yesterday, however, I sat down on one of the rowing machines and gave it a go…with nary a twinge in any joint, even after ten full minutes at it. I’m so excited by this discovery, and my trainer is enthusiastic as well. The doctor even suggested today that I consider looking into taking classes next spring at the local rowing club. How much FUN would that be?
- Since I’m in the midst of getting the holiday cards rolling, I’ll leave you with a sneak peak:
What, too sneaky? Sorry, haven’t sent them out yet. Wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise for some of you…